Ruud Domestic Hot Water System - Powered by Solar 4 Solar PhotoVolataics PV Modules.
How Hybrid heat pump water Heaters work.
Ruud air-source heat pump water heaters work much like a
refrigerator in reverse. The heat pump extracts the heat
from warm air, intensifies the heat with a compressor,
delivers the heat to the water, and exhausts the cooler air.
Because it uses the warm ambient air temperature to do
most of the work, it is a very efficient way to heat water.
Hook a small solar PV system (4 modules) to your home and
you get net zero electricity used to heat the hot water. (For
about the same price as a complicated Solar Hot Water
flat panel roof system.) and more reliable.
Tecnical Info on the workings of the Air Source Heat Pump
In “Energy Saver” mode, this water heater’s high efficiency heat pump operates automatically for hot water storage in this sequence:
1. A fan pulls air through the top air filter.
2. Heat in the air is absorbed by eco-friendly refrigerant inside the evaporator coil and cool (dehumidified) air is exhausted.
3. Refrigerant is pumped through a compressor, which increases the temperature.
4. Simultaneously the cooler water from the bottom of the tank is pumped to the top of the appliance, where it circulates through a patented condenser coil.
5. Hot refrigerant transfers its heat to the water inside the condenser coil.
6. Heated water is returned back to the top of the tank.
7. All functions are controlled simultaneously by an advanced circuit board located behind the user touch pad.
o In “Normal” mode, the heat pump can run in tandem with an electric element during periods of high demand.
o In “Electric Heat Only” mode, the heat pump is disabled and the appliance operates like a standard electric water heater with two elements.
8. Condensate drain connection.
9. Backup electric heating elements.